It’s my first Aldi meal inspiration! I’ve got plentyyyyyyy of easy Trader Joe’s meals ideas, and this time I’m here to share a school lunch idea, all made with ingredients from Aldi.
This lunch hits all of the lunch box components that I like to include (more on that below) for a nutritious, balanced lunch that your kids will eat up and love.
Obviously all kids are different, so this is really meant to be a guide and give you inspiration to make it your own!
Ingredients for Chicken Taquitos Lunch Box
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos: A fun main item that doesn’t need any prep beyond a microwave (or oven).
- Guacamole: Great source of healthy fats and plenty of vitamins and fun for dipping.
- Grape tomatoes: Always cut these in half for younger eaters!
- Clementines: The fruit option.
- Coconut Rolls: The fun option!
Lunch Box Components:
I am all about simplicity with meals, school lunch boxes included! Here are the lunch box components I like to include in all (ok, MOST!) of our packed lunches:
- Main/Protein: this can be any number of items, but I like to make sure there is a bit of protein (vegetarian or animal-based).
- Fruit: Fresh, canned, frozen, dried – it all works!
- Vegetable: Same as above, fresh, canned, frozen, dried. Switch it up and have your kids help so that it’s something they will eat. 😉
- Fun: this can be something that goes along with the meal, or just pure fun like cookies or a treat!
Do you have my printable list of over 100+ items to pack in school lunches? Print it out and put it on the fridge for easy reference!
Make it Your Own:
I always recommend getting your kids involved with meals! For school lunches, my approach is to let Demi (currently 4.5) pick out the components that she’s into that week. I may give her two options to choose from out of each list or let her pick out each component at the store.
Full disclosure, we’re new to this process so this may all change shortly and I’ll share all about it on instagram. 🙂
Favorite Lunch Box Packing Tools
There are only a few items that I use on a daily basis for packing healthy school lunchboxes. (And just lots of yummy and nutritious food.) *links below are affiliate links but does not add any additional charge to you
More Kids School Lunch Ideas:
If you’re looking for lunch ideas that are already themed a bit, try some of these favorite bento box lunches. (And I’m always adding more to the list!)
Aldi school lunch box recipe! Grab these 5 ingredients for a quick lunch that can be prepped and packed in less 5 minutes! Nutritiously balanced, too!
- Chicken & Cheese Taquitos
- Classic Guacamole
- Grape tomatoes
- Coconut rolls
- Make the taquitos according to package instructions.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- Start peeling clementine for younger kids.
- Pack all components.
- Swap out guacamole for creamy salsa (salsa + sour cream) if desired.